
I have been hesitant to think Jake is potty trained...yet! Even though I fear the job is far from from over, and even though I know we will have failure mingled with success, I'm going to say it: JAKE IS POTTY TRAINED!!! He is the answer to a prayer I prayed a while ago for humility! God gave me this sweet boy to remind me (just in case for some crazy reason I ever strayed from reality) that indeed I don't have it all together. But...I have resolved especially with this child to CELEBRATE the positives!!! So if you happen to be strolling by our house on one of these cool August days when I have the windows open, you may just hear a rousing rendition of "Hooray for Jakey, Hooray for Jakey! Someone in the crowd says HOORAY for Jakey! 1-2-3-4--Who ya gonna yell for? JAKEY! That's who! RAH RAH RAH!!!" (It's a Lambert family song...what can I say??) Jake loves it and really seems to be inspired by all the love, soooo we all join in after a trip to the potty! He even sings along, 'Yeah me yeah two two peup peup yeah!!!' For those of you who don't know "Jakeeze," He's singing yay for Jake I went pee (or poopy) on the potty.... Just so I'm honest with myself, I'll say it: He very well may be tricking me, giving me a glimmer of false hope, and may go back to how it was before. All I know is, I haven't had to change one of his messy diapers in FOUR days!! WHOOOO-EEEE! Yeah Jake!!


Here he is singing "the song" with me!!



3 comments:
Hooray for Jake! Now it's my Caleb's turn..... yikers.... Any tips??
Christy
The only thing that worked with Jake was prayer! :)
Yea Jake!! :) Maybe I'll send MY Jake your way when it's his turn!? ha
Have you decided yet about the bible study?
http://www.gbc-hutchinson.com/site/cpage.asp?cpage_id=7019&sec_id=794
I'd love to carpool, since we'd all fit in one van this time. email me what you think about it...
asjrwallman AT hotmail DOT com
Post a Comment