Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School


Why is it always so hard to leave that little five-year-old in their kindergarten classroom? I thought it would be easier the second time around... I still found myself getting teary-eyed as I said good-bye to our sweet kindergarten girl. I think what makes it hard is the look on her face of excitement mixed with anxiety. I know she'll do great -- this is her element. She thrives in social settings. I think it comes down to me realizing they come to a point where Chuck and I aren't the main influence and that's scary. That's when we once again place them in the Lord's hands!! Gladly.

Caleb's first day of first grade will be spent on the couch.BAD timing for him to break out into a fever!! We're not quite sure what it is, but he has to miss the first day of first grade! I'm glad the Olympics are on...that gives him something else to think about. He's heartbroken to have to miss his first day. I hope he's always this sad when he has to miss school!

3 comments:

The Schenk Family said...

So so cute! I am so excited she is so cute!!

Itinerary said...

Such a nice family and then there is Chuck! I love technology. It was great to see the pics and vids. Nice blog. You rock, Kim!

Lambert Loggings said...

Thanks "itinerary" (Anthony!) Chuck is the niceness that got this nice family started!! :) Thanks for the compliments to the rest of us, though! I'll take whatever I can get from you!!!