Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fun With Grandma Bev and Pop!


A couple of weeks ago, my parents were able to come and spend a few days with us. We had a great time as always! We got to go to a wedding together in Oklahoma of a very close friend of our family. It so good to be with friends that we hadn't seen for years. I'm always amazed at how easily we catch up and are able to fellowship like the 'old days'.

When we got home, Dad took the kids right out fishing! This is one of their favorite things to do with Pop!! They were able to catch quite a few. (Caleb was depressed because he got beat by his sister...she caught 3 - he caught 1.)

We also got to go to the "lake." (Sorry Kansas people - I had to put it in quotation marks! The lakes here aren't the same as the ones in Michigan and Missouri!) That was a fun trip for all.



Once again, I'm so grateful for my parents and their walk with the Lord. I'm glad we got to spend those few days together. THANKS for coming Mom and Dad!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look A LOT like your mom! Fun--I love it when my parents come to visit:) What's your recipe for salsa? I just pulled 13 tomatoes out of the garden today!!!!! How many does one batch take?

Lambert Loggings said...

YUM! My "recipe" is pretty much done by taste. I throw in a little bit and taste and see what it needs. I will try to roughly tell you some sort of recipe, though. I usually use 3-5 tomatoes, depending on size, 1-2 cloves of garlic, a little bit of cilantro, and 1 small onion. I chop it all up pretty fine (especially the garlic, cilantro and onion). I add a few squeezes of lime and pour in a bit of salt. Sorry it's so vague - like I said, I chop, mix & taste. :) If it's lacking a little bit, I add more salt.

You should come over this week and we'll have a salsa party!! Give me a call - my cell is 6513.

Jennifer said...

I was just thinking the same thing--we should have a salsa making party! :) I'll give you a call tomorrow, maybe. If I can keep Aaron from eating all the tomatoes before then! :)

alsonegal said...

I love seeing the pictures of your parents! They both mean so much to me. I wish I could hear your dad laugh- there's nothing like it! Love ya!
Christy

Lambert Loggings said...

Chris! So good to hear from you! Have you started a blog???

The Schenk Family said...

Love the pics! Great Job Aly on the fish I am sure she was so excited.

sue said...

Oh, Kimberly, you are making me "stretch"... I already had my comment all entered and come to find out, I needed to be "registered", so hopefully, I can now enter the blogging world. Loved the pics of the kids... and everyone... Hope to keep in touch a bit better. When I have some pics from our wedding I will e-mail hopefully..if everything works... A girl from church did them as well as sing at the wedding.. Glad you got to go to Ryan's wedding..Pam Cox told me about it..sounded neat. So sorry I was not able to come see you, but had committed to my husband to work his garbage (garage) sale... Maybe it won't be too long before I can see you guys again..Love and hugs to all... You have a beautiful family...God Bless....

Lambert Loggings said...

Sue!!! So good to hear from you!! Sorry too that we missed seeing you when we were so close. It was good to be in Oklahoma and see so many that we hadn't seen in a while. I would love to see some pictures of you and your new hubby!!!! Talk to you soon.