We had a great trip to Smith Center a couple of weeks ago. I always feel like I go back in time when we are on 'the farm.' The land is so wide open and almost untouched by civilization. It makes me wonder what it would have been like to settle that land so many years ago...how did they know it was time to stop and set up a home for their family there?? The land must be a lot like it was then -- rocky and hilly with long prairie grass blowing in the wind and wild flowers decorating the country side. I can see how that serene land was appealing to those pioneers. I would love to hear their stories of how they came to call the Thornburg area home! How they built it up into a town where the father of my husband was born!The older Lambert girls love to go to the old one room school house across from where Chuck's parents live and play "olden days." I can see why.


We were able to join Dennis and Nita in their busy schedule. It was full of fellowship with other believers, Bible studies, taking care of fresh vegetables, and farm work. I'm not sure Chuck and I are young enough to keep up with them for much longer than we did! They are such hard workers and servants of the Lord. The work was fun for us, though. Chuck loves to help on the farm any chance he can get and the kids think it's great fun to be right beside him! I got to help freeze a bunch of fresh corn! It was so yummy!
Even though it was a busy week, we did have time for some recreation!! Caleb had to challenge his Grandparents (and anyone else who would say yes) in several games of croquet! The kids also really enjoyed the slip-n-slide, and we got in on the Thornburg special event of the year...the Ice Cream Social!!! Wow! They have some yummy homemade ice cream!!!

Thanks, Dennis and Nita for your wonderful hospitality and for letting us join in on the fun!!


Aly and Jake thought they were pretty special to get to wear Grandma Nita's special "workin' visor!" (They each add their own style while wearing it!!!)



No comments:
Post a Comment