Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Our Alyssa Joy!


Aly had a great day turning 5! I began to wonder how the day would go when she informed me last night that she had her birthday all planned out. But...it turned out that she did a great job. :) 'Controlled choices' work out nicely every once in a while.
Her day started out with a breakfast date with Daddy. She was so excited about her pancakes with strawberries and a whipped cream smiley face! Then she got to open one present, play with her brothers and eat lunch. The rest of her presents were opened and the next highlight was registering for kindergarten. Uggh! I don't know why it's so hard to think about my children going to kindergarten. As one lady pointed out 'you have two more at home...you should be glad.' I don't share her opinion! I enjoy having my kiddos home!




Then she got to pick a friend (her cousin, Sylvia) to go to a sprinkler park and out to eat. All the kids thoroughly enjoyed that one!!





Then she spent some birthday money -- THANKS Grandma and Grandpa L.! She may have her Grandmother Odell's knack for streching the dollar! She got gifts for her brothers and Sylvia, a doll house and then she picked out some princess stuff for Sylvia and herself. They sure looked cute!

Sweet Aly, I pray that this year brings many blessings from the Lord as you learn more about Him and His Word. May you realize that you are a princess ~ a daughter of the King!!

2 comments:

The Schenk Family said...

OMG, kindergarten! Wow, really I mean she is always more grown up each time I see her but kindergarten...I am with you Kim. I am sure it is hard and uggh! I am sure the tears will be streaming on the first day. Your baby girl to school. I am sure she is super excited. Take pictures. Let me know how it goes. I will be thinking of you that day! Growing up so fast.

Jennifer said...

Kim, can you water/pick my garden for me while we're out? Fri. Sat., maybe Sun. if you have time. You can keep whatever you get from it. I usually just water it for about 15 min. every day unless it rains. The kids are more than welcome to play in the little pool if they want while you're here! THANKS! :)