Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Grateful Hearts

What a great God we serve! I don't think I will ever understand the depth of His mercy and love that He so graciously pours on us! He chose to save me and as if that weren't enough, He continues to shower me with blessings. Some small, some huge, some in the midst of extreme heartache...He never ceases to bless "beyond our comprehension." Some (probably even many) of those blessings He gives go unnoticed day to day. I am trying to make an effort to recall and rejoice in those blessings. I am also trying to give Him the glory, declare His praises, and give thanks to Him from whom all blessings flow!
When I begin to mentally compile a list of the things I have been blessed with, of course they are too numerous to list. One that is fresh on my heart that I want to share may seem small or insignificant to some. The Bible tells us in Ephesians 5:20 to "always give thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." And am I ever thankful...















...for our NEW dishwasher!!!

I am thankful that I no longer have to wash our mountains of dishes by hand. I am also thankful that I don't have to pre-wash and post-wash each dish that goes in & out. I also like that I don't have to wonder if the top rack will completely disintegrate due to the rust caused by our Sterling water. Yes, I am thankful for all of those things. But the thing that fills my heart with overflowing gratitude is that it was a free gift! Someone was sensitive to the Lord and through His leading sacrificed of themselves to give us a sweet gift - an envelope marked "DISHWASHER" - full of the exact amount we needed to get a very nice, new dishwasher and even have it installed. (The money was so perfect, I think I got 2 pennies back!!) We were humbled by the gift and so thrilled to be able to give God the glory for meeting a need through someone else!

Thank you, Dear Mystery Friend!!! And Thank You, Lord, for meeting our needs exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or imagine!!!

2 comments:

alsonegal said...

Oh, Kimberly! Isn't it amazing how God provides for our needs? I love it when that happens! Thanks for sharing this!

Christy

CJCOdell said...

Thank you Lord! Curtis said, "WOW, that is so awesome!" We have so enjoyed our camera, which came this very same way!