Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Coupon Clippers

I've never been much on clipping coupons. I thought of coupons as a ploy by the manufacturers to get me to buy something I wouldn't normally buy by taking a few cents off. I'm usually just as content buying the generic and saving money anyway. I have used a few coupons here and there and saved $1-$2 a trip unless I had a big diaper coupon. I thought that was about as good as it gets until I stumbled upon some professional coupon clippers. The blogging community has opened up a whole new world of money saving opportunities for me. These people know how coupons are done!! They not only save money each month, they make money! And the great thing is they print it all out for dummies (such as myself) to be able to take advantage of the same deals. It is a lot of work, but it's also been a lot of fun. You can save as much or as little as you like, depending on the effort you want to spend.

I actually tried out a couple of their deal ideas last night and I think I did pretty well. I probably would have done a bit better had I not had all four children around supper time after we went to the State Fair. Oh well, I have something to look forward to next time! Anyway, I got three full meals (for our family of 6!) and some snacks all for... I can't ruin the surprise yet. First I'll tell you what it should have cost.


*Before ad matching and coupons: $19.44















*After ad matching and coupons: (drum roll please!) $8.84

*I saved $10.66!! Woohoo!

Not bad for half a week's meals!!


The first blog I came to was from a blog I really enjoy called Biblical Womanhood. The writer of that blog, Crystal also writes one mostly pertaining to managing the finance side of your home. That blog is called Money Saving Mom. (Things have changed just a bit on those two blogs because she just recently found out that she was expecting and is feeling very sick and not as frugal. :)

A few more I stumbled across just recently are Keeping the Kingdom First, Deal Seeking Mom, and Mommies with Cents. These people are all HARD workers and huge savers!

Here's the way I saved so much at Wal-Mart.

And here's some ideas for Walgreen's. I bought the scrubbing bubbles option. I ended up buying 2 Action Scrubber Starter Kits and with sales and coupons spent $2.08 (before tax) and got a coupon for $2 to spend next time at Walgreens. So I basically got 2 scrubber kits for $.08. And they smell really good. :)

I can't wait to get to Target and try this great deal!

I just heard of another option from Brandy's blog called The Grocery Game. You have to pay for a membership there, and although I did sign up for the $1 trial month, I think I found better deals on the blogs above. It's going to be fun to try it out and see where I can save the most money! I would love to hear if you have any tips or successful trips!

1 comment:

alsonegal said...

Okay, so nothing thrills me more than saving money!!! Well, there are other things.... Anyway, I'll have to try this out! Thanks for the tip!

Christy