My first two were relatively easy to potty train - they both took less than a week from start to finish, never wet the bed at night and were completely trained by age 2. But still as easy as I've heard that they were, it was one of my least favorite tasks to endure as a mother. And now...with our third...the age of 24 months is long gone!!! He is now 31 months and I am embarrassed to say he is not potty trained yet. He is my mold-breaker! He does things his own style. From labor to talking to being corrected to inventing his own language - he's going to add his own twist to life. Why should I be surprised that potty training be any different!?!

I am thankful, however, for the lessons this training process has taught me or re-taught me!
*PATIENCE, ENDURANCE, PERSEVERANCE!!!
*Each child is a unique, special gift from God in every way! They don't conform to my narrow mold.
*Any child can learn! (It just may take more creativity, work, and PRAYER to aid in the process).
*I don't have it all figured out yet even though I've "been there" before!
*The more I struggle and work, the sweeter the accomplishment.
He has made some great improvements and I do think the end is right around the corner. I thank the Lord for this chance to lean on Him a bit more and to learn to love Jake more! I do hope, though, that these lessons are over SOON!!



No comments:
Post a Comment