
Popsicles and back yard baby pools...two of my fondest summer time memories. We would always have a small pool in the back yard and eat popsicles. The two kind of popsicles I remember having when I was young are icees (the long skinny tubes of flavored ice in plastic sleeves) and the kind Mom would make out of kool-aid in some Tupperware molds. I liked the kind Mom made except, when I made some homemade popsicles of my own last week, I was reminded of the one reason I liked the store-bought kind better. The only problem with the homemade kind is that when you suck all the good flavor out, it's just like eating an ice cube. Oh well...it sure didn't stop the kids from enjoying every sticky drop!

I found a fun recepie this summer for some "Patriotic Pops." I saw it in a magazine with just juice, but found one that worked even better on familyfun.com. They take a little planning ahead since you have to freeze each layer seperately, but they sure have been a big hit in our family!
The cousins even enjoyed a "patriotic pop" after we got back from a swim at the city pool! (Spidergirl - a.k.a. Sylvia and Liongirl - a.k.a. Aly even took a break from dress-up to partake in the pops!!)



No comments:
Post a Comment