
Summer in Kansas is one of those things that was not easy for me to find beauty in. Especially after living 8 years in the Ozarks, the flat, treeless land has taken me a while to learn to appreciate. One of the pretty summer sights (besides the wild flowers and sunflowers, of course) is the wheat. I especially like it when it is beginning to grow and it is that vibrant green color. When it waves in the wind, it is so alive and beautiful. I am also beginning to appreciate it at harvest time when it turns golden brown. It is a rich yellowish color that reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin spinning his gold. :)


Chuck has been blessed the last two summers to help a farmer friend of ours harvest his wheat. Farming is one of Chuck's loves so he looks forward to the chance to be able to drive a combine and help cut wheat. They work very long hours, but the kids get to go and ride with him. They think it's great and they get to spend some good time alone with Daddy! God's creation truly is amazing...even in Kansas!



2 comments:
Well, growing up in Kansas, with farmers for grandfathers, summer has always been my favorite...seeing the wheat turn (and you describe it beautifully!) just reminds me of God's goodness in providing for so many people. I have wonderful memories of harvest time...I'm sure your kids will too!
The wheat was so beautiful this year. I bet there were a lot of happy farmers! I got to ride with Chuck on the combine this year...I see why the kids like it so much. It IS pretty amazing. Thanks for the comment Jenn - good to hear from you.
Post a Comment