Monday, May 12, 2008

Savor Each Minute


Mother's day caused me to reflect a bit on the great privilege God has given me in allowing me to mother the precious ones He created in me. I can't imagine any job I could love any more than being a mother. I also can't imagine any job more difficult, scary, serious and more exhausting than motherhood! I don't think I have failed more at any one thing in my life (other than maybe at being a daughter and a wife)...but in God's grace, the success is up to Him!

As Caleb is turning SEVEN in a week, I have really been trying to savor his "lasts." The last time he says 'weally' instead of really, the last time he needs help tying his shoes, the last time he buttons his shirt crooked (that one may take a while). He has truly been a gift from the Lord and I am so grateful for the chance to mother him!

Our little social butterfly stretches me almost daily with how friendly, loving and kind she is with anyone she knows (and even doesn't know)! She looks for someone to talk to everywhere we go and is able to strike up some kind of conversation with everyone. I wish I had that gift. :)

Jacob Ray is, well, he's two!!! He changes like the wind...when he's happy, he is such a joy. His smile melts my heart. But when things aren't quite right, we all pay. We just really try to concentrate on the happy times!

Our sweet baby girl...just might be our last. I'm again trying to savor every minute we have in 'baby stages.' A lady came up to me yesterday in church with tears in her eyes saying how much she misses the young years of her children's lives. She urged me to treasure this time in my life because so soon it will be gone. I have heard that many times but it is so true. Where has this last year gone?? And do I truly savor this time? The two sets of diapers, the children arguing, the messes, the spills, the runny noses, the fingerprints, the kisses, the cuddles, the smiles, the drawings, the 'I love you Mommy'...I sure hope I do!

No comments: