
She was so excited. She kept saying "It's not my real Birthday, just a celebrate!"
Here she is admiring Grandma's beautifully decorated table and "patiently" waiting for the "celebrate" to begin.She's had a lot of fun playing with (and wearing) her wonderful gifts. Thanks Mom & Dad and Uncle Curtis and Aunt Jessica!
*side note* Yes, she is dressed as Dorothy. She was pretending to be "somewhere over the rainbow" since we were away from Kansas! :)
For her real day, April 30th, We had a small party with more family. Anna has two cousins on the Lambert side that have birthdays within a couple of days of hers. She was able to celebrate with Emma who turned 13! We had a good time even though we were missing Culley who turned two on May 1st.
The happy birthday girls.This year I attempted the largest and most complicated cake I have yet. Anna is very into the movie Tangled (Disney's version of Rapunzel that came out this year). So somehow (thanks to the world wide web) I got the idea to make a cake that looked like Rapunzel's tower.
Anna and her "cake."
The top of the tower was the only part made of actual cake, the rest was made of crispy treats and ice cream cones and covered with fondant. It looks like Rapunzel is ready to dive out of her tower. ;)
After a near catastrophe with the "grass" (made of delicious green cake) :) cracking and the tower almost falling to its death, I threw out the cake and made rice crispy treats that were able to hold up the tower.
Phew! Success.
Ready to dig in.
A little playing first!
Here are a few Anna-quotes I jotted down a while ago:"I wish God named me Picky-Picky, but He didn't. He named me Anna."
"I don't look like Anna today, I have braids."
"Momma, can you call me Teapot?"
"I don't like our house because we don't have enough remotes. We need twelve."
"Mommy, you're such a good cooker!"
"God always forgives us. You do too, right, Mommy?!?"
"I wish I could be a pirate! Then I would never get in trouble!"
Caleb sneezed on Anna's hand. In a disgusted voice she exclaimed "YUCK! You blessed on me!!"
As we were driving into the sun, Anna said "Oh man, the sun is in my nose!"
"Hi Mom! Nice to meet ya!"
"Hosanna. That's my last name. It really is."
"Mommy, if someone says 'you're naughty, I'm going to take you in the deep water to get you eaten by sharks,' that's not nice, right Mommy?
"OH fanks Mom! You saved my life!!" (I helped her get off of a chair)
"Mom, I wish your name was Hey. I would say 'Hey.'"
"I've got something in my teeth. Can I have a pickle?" (toothpick)
Oh sweet girl, we love you so much. We can't wait what God has planned for you!



1 comment:
We sure do love getting to view what we miss!! Anna is such a gift to us all!
Post a Comment