We took advantage of the nice weather one day and had a picnic at the park. Caleb even got out of school early that day so he got in on the fun too.The week started out with Aly wanting Mom to teach her to sew. This is one area I will always think of as an area that I let my poor mom down. She is a wonderful seamstress and would have loved for me to share that passion with her. I have not. I am finally to the place, though were I would like to begin sewing some easy projects. I was glad to let Aly enjoy learning to sew from my expert mother. She has enough passion and desire to learn to sew for the both of us!
The first project was sewing straight lines on fabric
which turned into a perfect accessory for Anna.Then she was ready to go. Mom helped her make her very own bag.

BEAUTIFUL!
While Mom had the sewing machine out we had a long list of mending to do. It's nice having your own personal seamstress! The first (and probably most important) item on the list was Anna's "Dorothy dress." Our little Dorothy was very happy to have her dress fixed. Mom fixed a couple other clothing items, hemmed pants and jeans, made curtains and another favorite was pillows for the boys.
Caleb has the "cool football players don't smile for pictures" look down!
Mom and the kids with all of their projects.We were all so thankful for ALL of the things Mom did for us while she was here! Thank you, Mom. I am so grateful for you and all you taught me and are teaching me. I am continually humbled by all the ways you sacrifice of yourself for us and others! Thank you for a great week (and a sparkly clean house)!!



1 comment:
thanks for the pictures. the kids look great. Loving all the crafts. I am sure they had a blast.
Post a Comment