It was a close game. We left in the fourth quarter to watch/listen at home. We got home and turned the radio on while I tried to get the live stream on the computer. As I was setting it up, I heard two scary-loud booms. We could NOT figure out what they were. I looked outside to discover fireworks being shot off over the lake. I can't for the life of me figure out why a whole show of fireworks was happening on September 25 (we guessed they had to use them up by a certain time since they didn't use them on the Fourth, but no idea for sure), but the three younger kids took advantage of our great view from inside.
They pulled up chairs at the front door and ooooh-ed and aaaah-ed. In the middle of the fireworks, the game really started heating up. I was going back and forth between trying to get the computer to cooperate to the elated kids watching a fireworks display in September all the while listening to the game blaring on the radio. In the midst of everything I looked over to see my poor eldest son in agony on the floor silently rooting on "his team."
He is such a football/Warrior/Dad fan. He could hardly take it. We did end up with a disappointing loss, but not from the lack of will of a certain 9-year-old!



No comments:
Post a Comment