This post is mainly for my parents and Chuck's parents to get to see their grandchildren's performance tonight at church. I don't mind if you watch if you are not our parents, but you do have to promise not to laugh too hard. :) Our church doesn't do a formal program or play for Christmas, they just give all the kids a chance to preform a special of their choice. Aly has been begging to get to sing a solo in church, so I thought this was the perfect occasion for her to try a song by herself. Since the others begged to do something too, we all learned a small portion of the Christmas story from Luke 2 and they said it together before Aly's solo debut. I was a little nervous that a fight might break out between our youngest and the rest because of her intense desire to be in charge of the microphone. On our trial run this afternoon, there was a bit of a scufuffle. So after a lot of practice when we got home, a lot of prompting and scolding, I still sat on the edge of my seat tonight anxiously awaiting the part where Caleb hands the microphone down and Jake and Anna are supposed to say "Christ the Lord." I was so anxious in fact, that I missed the best part. They didn't have a fight in front of the whole church, but as Jake was handing back the microphone, his foot got tangled in the cord and he almost went down (remind you of anyone, Dennis?). That's when the video pans to a man's shoe and I try to think how fast I can get up to the stage, but, he made the save and they continued on.
I think my favorite part is right after the almost-incident. Jake very sweetly leans over to Anna and says "good job" in his sweet big brother voice. And she raises her shoulders and smiles with her head tilted as if to say "thanks!!"
Now for the big solo. Aly did a great job, she just had a hard time with the accompaniment. I'm not sure she could hear it well enough, and I should have been in front helping her with timing. All things considered, she did a beautiful job..
I was very proud of all four of them, even if we did provide some unintended comic relief.
*Sorry the videos aren't very good! You should be able to view them by clicking on the picture. If not, let me know.*
No comments:
Post a Comment