It was one of those days. The kind of day when I didn't get anything done except pick up. I amused myself by trying to guess how many times during the day I did the same thing more than once. How many times did I sweep the floor, how many times did I fix the couch cover and replace the throw pillows? How many times did I put a tractor back in the playroom (after tripping over it)? How many times did I wipe noses (or other body parts)? I was going around the house quickly repeating tasks when I came to the little manger I keep down on the kids level for them to look at. I don't mind them playing with it, but I try to keep all the pieces together, which takes some picking up once in a while. I glanced at the little table and noticed the figurines were not how they were "supposed" to be. I let out a small sigh and bent down to return things to their "proper" places when I was stopped in my tracks.

Those sweet, messy little ones had everything in its perfect place! Right where I should have been. Focused on the cross.

In my busyness, I almost missed a sweet reminder that even in my repetitive, seemingly unimportant day, my focus should be on the cross.
3 comments:
Amen! The Lord can give us gentle (and not so gentle!) reminders through these little ones!
Love the fact that in the midst of you mother "duties" that you were stopped by a cross and a nativity and reminded that it all goes together. What a good mom you are and what a sensitive spirit you have to listen to God in the midst of a busy life.
Blessings,
Judy Burgess
Thanks Judy! I was thankful God used those sweeties to bring my thoughts to Him! Good to hear from you. Hope your new year is going well.
Love, Kim
Post a Comment