
I know why they have to grow up, but oh do I enjoy being a mom of little ones! Yes, I usually drop into bed at the end of the day exhausted. I can't just easily pick up and decide to go somewhere spur of the moment. I am frequently seen in public with trails of snot on my shoulder or smears of something sticky on my pants. But when else am I the best in their eyes? When else am I the prettiest Mommy ever when I don't have a stitch of make-up on? Or the BESTEST cook even when I make hot dogs and macaroni and cheese? When else can my single kiss heal all the hurts of the world?
As Jake was playing today, I overheard him say to the imaginary bad guys he was sword fighting with: "Hey! I'm going to tell my mommy!" I just love being the hero of a sword fight. So this morning I determined to stand back as much as I can with four littles and soak it all in while they still think of me that way.



3 comments:
I tell my bad guys that I'm going tell Kim, too! :) Sweet, sweet, sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. Somehow, though...I think you'll always be their hero no matter how old they are!
Thank you Kim! After my day yesterday (you know how THAT was!), I needed to be reminded. Jake's just the best! :)
Your blog made me tear up. I am not even at the end of having kids and the thought of them growing up is already so sad. I love being a mom it is such an amazing gift from God, I love it! Thanks Kim for sharing.
Post a Comment