Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fun at the Fair

We were able to take in a bit of the Kansas State Fair on Monday. Again this year, we went the cheap route. We went on free admission day and dollar rides day! We got a taste of the fun for very little $$. The kids and I are on our own this time of year for outings like this so my energy with four little bodies to keep track of only allowed us to see a fraction of the festivities, but it was enough for us. We began with rides, of course.
Jake and Anna had a blast on their motorcycle ride!
Caleb chose a ride that went high up and back down while spinning around...not sure what I was thinking letting a child so prone to vomiting ride that ride. By the end I was looking for the fastest route to a trash can, but he made it fine.
Aly was sure which ride she wanted from the minute we walked in. I happened to get a video of her ride and it's pretty funny. She is the one in the middle. She is also the one squeaking/screaming. :)
From august 09
Pretty cute.



The next stop was the petting zoo. Fun but very stinky. :/

We looked around at some animal exhibits and looked around the birthing center. We made our way back to the rides for a few more before we headed home.Anna rode the "horseys!"
Jake had a great surprise. We ran in to his special friend, Anna Rose! They enjoyed the "Dumbo" ride together.
Such good friends!
The grand finale was Caleb and Aly's water ride. They waited the whole time for that one. Caleb said if he had 100 tickets, he would've used them just for that ride.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such fun! I love fair time...you are BRAVE to take all 4 by yourself!! Anna was so very excited that she got to ride with Jake :)

Staci said...

I agree with Jennifer! You're brave!

I miss the KS state fair. The TX state fair is missing some of our favorite things...AND...they won't let you climb on any of the tractors! BIG disappointment for Mike...I mean my kids ;)