Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Time in Illinois (Part 1)

Once again, I did not take nearly enough pictures of our time with family and friends in Illinois. We spent a great week with my family at the beginning of June (yes, I know it is July in two days...procrastination seems to be my middle name). We had a wonderful time with family and this time our dear friends from Arkansas and Oklahoma were able to come too. What a treat it was to be able to be with them again! We lived next door to their family for eight years when we lived in Oklahoma and became lifelong friends. We recounted so many fun times while we were together. Thanks for making the trip,"Macs." All of us (there were 18 when we were all together) headed off to the zoo one of the days. Tom and Diane and their sweet grandson, BrooksOne of the highlights for the kiddos was the train ride around the zoo. I stayed behind and got to see an elephant paint a picture. :) Yes, he actually grabbed paintbrushes in his trunk and created a masterpiece. Of course I don't have a picture to prove it!We had a nice picnic in the park there. When we got home to the HOT Kansas sun, I realized I didn't cherish the picture-perfect weather we had all week nearly enough!!
Aly sure loved my "other little brother," Ryan and his beautiful wife, Lindsay! I think she would have gone to live with them in a second!
I was thrilled to get to meet little baby Brooks for the first time!! He was such a sweetie! All 6 at one time!! :)




I think frinds like those are very rare!

No comments: