Friday, February 13, 2009

Our Amazing Creator

One of the things that amazes me each time we have a child is what they are born with. They are all born with a sin nature (Psalm 51). As much as I hate to admit it, each one of my "angels" sin pretty much from the get-go. They are selfish and not once have I had to teach them to say "NO" when they don't get their way. Another thing that amazes me is the way each one has been uniquely knit together (Psalm 139)!From their eyes and hair to their completely different personalities. It has been a joy to see how different our children look and act form each other. We NEVER would have guessed we would have two blue-eyed children! Our God is SO creative!! The thing that caused amazement for me once again this morning though, was how early our boys acted like boys and our girls acted like girls. I always say Caleb was born with a ball in his hand! Jake has pushed a car and made noises with it before he could walk. Aly, well there's no doubt she's ALL girl. And Anna has loved shoes since she started moving around. This morning our youngest "mommy" was taking care of her baby and I watched in wonder as she lovingly carried her baby and talked to her in a sweet voice and changed her diaper. How early they start modelling the roles God has set up for them.

If you listen closely at the beginning, Anna says "changey diapey." :)

2 comments:

Staci said...

So true about the early modeling of our God given roles.
The video is so cute! I love when she pulled a bunch of wipes out at once!! lol

Teri said...

Hi Kim, just found your blog!! What precsious posts you have! Very cute blog!!!