Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Its Beginning to Feel a lot Like Fall!

The weather has been beautifully cooler, the school supplies are well-stocked and... football has begun! We have enjoyed the beginning of this new season. We traded our tank tops and shorts for layers. Our back packs are stocked, ready and waiting for the first day of school. And the college is buzzing with the excitement of a new year and we are buzzing with the excitement of a new season of FOOTBALL. So, if you need to find us, we will most likely be hanging around practice.
We really enjoy being a part of the Sterling College Warriors! Can't wait for another season to begin, but for these next two weeks, we are in for a wild ride. Chuck's gone most of the time so we adjust our schedules to take in as many practices we can and take as many opportunities as we can to hang out at the college with him. I was remembering back a couple of years when I wrote down the "top ten reasons we know it's football season" and thought I would share it again. :)


The Top 10 Ways We Know Football Has Begun

10. I fix hot dogs and mac & cheese for supper multiple times in one week.

9. I find myself having a one-sided conversation and/or answering my own questions.

8. When I see my husband awake, he's surrounded by a bunch of sweaty college boys.

7. A "date" is eating at the college cafeteria.

6. Our yard becomes a forest.

5. My children cry themselves to sleep because they miss their daddy.

4. I catch people giving me the "Oh, that poor single Mom" look when I take the four kids out in public.

3. I feel like it's bedtime at 7:00 in the evening.

2. I watch so much football, I start to dream about it.

And the number one way that I know football has begun...

1. We stock up on candy, noise makers, and other goodies because we can't wait for the first game!!

GO WARRIORS!!!!!

2 comments:

tbodell said...

Love your pictures and posts! You are all such treasures to us. So wish we could be in on the season!

Staci said...

Oh for layers. I dream of the day we can wear layers again! There are days where I wish I could walk around without my top layer...but I think that's illegal in all 50 states! lol Let's just say we're still sweltering in TX.

However, we are VERY excited about football season (even if it doesn't feel like FB season yet)! Mike's having a big fantasy football draft at our house this Sunday. Barrett's so little that he looks like true bobble head when he puts on the play football helmet!