Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Catchin' Up

Wow. I finally feel like I am beginning to catch up around here. It has been a long and interesting month or so. I think the death of my dear, sweet Grandma has taken a bit more out of me than I was expecting. I am so thankful that she was with us for as long as she was and that I had the relationship that I did with her. I am grateful that my children got to know their Nana and that they were able to bring her so many smiles. But even though we rejoice in her finally being in the arms of Jesus, the pain that it has brought all of us was quite substantial. Even now I find myself tearing up at strange times. What a reminder it has been of the importance of a personal and evident walk with Jesus. What I will miss so very much is the way she was always teaching me and gently exhorting me in the Lord. I consider her one of my greatest mentors. Oh how I will miss her.
Now as we are continuing on with our lives and missing her daily, I have come to realize a couple of things. 1. Grief is a strange thing and it takes a while. If you are reading this and know Mom, please hold her up with us in prayer. She is hurting terribly. 2. I need to step up my prayer life because our family has lost an amazing prayer warrior.
Thanks for hanging with me as I attempt to get our lives back to "normal."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You all will continue to be in my prayers. Grief is a strange thing. Please let me know if I can do anything...take the kids, take you out to lunch...whatever! You have been such a blessing to me, now it's my turn. I'm too guilty of being wrapped up in my own life and busyness that I forget about the struggles and hurt going on outside my 4 walls. Love and prayers for your whole family...

Lambert Loggings said...

Thank you, Jenn. YOU have been a blessing. Thanks so much!!