Saturday was our first soccer game. Caleb has played for the last couple of years, but this is Aly's first soccer (or ANY athletic) experience. When Caleb found out the two of them would be playing on the same team, he was very sceptical to say the least. :) He is so competitive and serious about whatever sport he may be participating in or watching, and Aly is so....not! They were both very excited for their big game and it was fun to be able to watch them play at the same time. Caleb's fears did not come to life - Aly didn't make a goal for the other team. In fact, she wasn't too worried about if she ever touched the ball. She tried a few times, but I think she was just as happy to sit on the side line and chat with the coach! Caleb, on the other hand just about killed himself hustling after the ball and sacrificing his body when needed to keep the other team from scoring. We didn't pull off a win, but it sure was a fun game! I love watching this youngest category run in a pack and just kick like crazy. It was very windy, but I took a couple of (very rough) videos (you might want to turn the sound down unless you want to empathise with the horrific winds we fought for the entire game.
![]() |
| From april 09 |




1 comment:
How fun! Soccer Saturdays were always lots of fun. I loved watching the K-1st graders :)
Post a Comment