I never want to forget.
But I do. I forget how tiny babies are. What it feels like to see them for the first time. To hold them for the first time. How much I love them instantly. How fragile they are, yet strong. How delicious they smell. How soft they are. How sweet their noises are. What a wonder birth is. How amazing our Creator is. How our family just wasn't complete without them. How tiny their toes are. How chubby their little hands are.
With each new child I have pondered and treasured how perfectly God designed the whole process of birth and life. I am reminded anew of the parallels of my Christian walk with that of a newborn baby. I almost shudder when I think of how very dependent these brand new people are on me. I provide their care, nourishment and protection and they are absolutely helpless to do anything on their own. They are so desperate to get the food they need and once they have had their fill, they are so completely content. Oh that I would remember. That I would truly "crave pure, Spiritual milk" as intensely as a newborn baby. That I would fully rest and rely on my Father to care for, nourish and protect me. That I would fully trust and rest in Him. That I would understand perfect peace comes after trust. After obedience. He is my perfect Father. Always seeing, always loving. Desiring me to seek Him first. He is my sustenance. May He always be "the strength of my heart and my portion forever!" I never want to forget.




No comments:
Post a Comment