Language intrigues me. It is fascinating how we communicate. We are able to take certain sounds grouped the same way each time and repeat words. This may sound very obvious and elementary, but in our house beginning to use the English Language correctly has been no small feat. ;) Some of our children more than others have indeed had trouble. We have come to a place, though, where we can finally understand around 90 percent of what is said in our home. Anna, being two, is doing a pretty good job of mastering the language. She mixes up some sounds here and there and has a few invented words, but we can understand her almost completely. The other day, however, she had me stumped. I knew what she was referring to but could not for the life of me understand what word(s) she was saying and why she was calling that particular object the word she kept repeating. She found a set of old mini-dumbbells. They were pink and about her size, therefore very exciting. She lit up every time she saw them as if they were the greatest thing since lolly pops! I thought maybe I could enlist your help in understanding what in the world Anna may be trying to say. If you have a second, please watch the video below and see if you can tell what she's saying. She says the word she calls the little weights a few times and then tells me she got them "in the office."
:) What in the world are paddy-paddies?!? :)
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh boy. The only thing I can think of is telephones, but that doesn't sound like pie-patties!!! Yesterday she kept saying something & I couldn't figure out what in the world she was saying. I told her to show me and she was talking about goldfish. It didn't sound the least bit like goldfish or crackers! :)
Post a Comment