Aly's Celebration

Aly got to celebrate her birthday last week. Her Birthday is August 4th. I guess you could say that she is now 5 and 3/4ths. She was so excited, you would think it was her Birthday.
Those of us with Summer Birthdays can empathise with not getting to celebrate at school. That must be why Aly's school lets them celebrate their Summer Birthdays before school is out. :) She really really wanted flower cupcakes to bring for snack. I thought that would be easy enough to pull off, forgetting when you bring snacks at her school, it's for the whole school, not just her class. So...fifty cupcakes and 100 flowers later, her grand Birthday snack was completed. She confirmed that it was all worth it with her huge smile and big hug when she saw the finished product.

Caleb's Class Field Trip

This was a first for me - a trip to the Zoo as a parent and not a teacher. I have to say it was a lot less stressful! I had a group of four kiddos including Caleb and got to run after them as they went from place to place excited to see the next animal. I didn't have to collect all the money, make sure everyone had their permission slips, make sure kids were split up into groups and certain kids together, certain kids separated... It was nice
The animals were fun for the kids to see, but I think the main source of enjoyment from the day was snapping pictures. They had so much fun trying to catch the animals and each other doing funny things!.
Caleb's group shot



No comments:
Post a Comment